Thursday 26 July 2012

More holiday preparation

For lots of parents I guess a holiday can sometimes be a break from the kitchen, maybe staying in a hotel ... or at least, people are able to eat out or use convenience foods or takeaways more than they would ordinarily at home.  Of course it's not so easy for us, so we always go self-catering.  As per yesterday's blog post, I take a lot of food with me as I don't know how allergy-friendly the smaller, local supermarkets will be.  


We'll eat fairly standard breakfasts, picnic type lunches and some easy, quick, straightforward suppers.  I'll post the menu plan tomorrow.


I'll do some baking just before we leave so we can take home-made cereal bars, chocolate chip cookies and some 'pizza snails' with us to see us through the journey and into the first few days of the holiday.


One break I can take from the kitchen is cutting down on the baking of bread, cakes and biscuits.  It may seem as if I am already taking the kitchen sink with us but I have no intention of taking my food processor, measuring scales, baking tins or the Kitchen Aid; the equipment that would enable me to bake.  Thus I have packed the dairy-free and egg-free goodies below for 'treats' to accompany us on our picnic lunches and to help prevent the odd meltdown (shameless bribery) during our long journey.






  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.