Tuesday 24 July 2012

Leftovers

Six leftover sausages became ... sausage, sweet potato, lentil and pea 'sausage roll':




The recipe is a very close adaptation (copy!) of this one.  I add grated sweet potato to the sautéed onion and used cooked, leftover sausages rather than raw ones.  We also - obviously - do without that eggy glaze.  I have made this dish with leftover Sunday roasted chicken and lamb, substituting for the sausage.  Both of these variations work really well.  It's a great way of not only using up small amounts of leftover meats but also of getting lentils into little ones.  Crafty.  


It's on my mental 'to-do' list to make a version using Linda McCartney sausages next time my vegan sister-in-law visits.  I could maybe add some chestnuts and it might even work as a vegan Christmas lunch?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.