Tuesday 17 July 2012

Cottage pie

I absolutely love this recipe.  It fulfils my twin needs for comfort food that pulls a healthy punch.  It's also an easy one to convert to a dairy-free version by using Pure vegan margarine instead of the milk and crème fraîche in the mash.  I amended the recipe a little by using beef mince, red lentils and adding celery and courgette.  I also double the quantity so there's plenty of leftovers for a repeat performance the next evening.  The minced beef/lamb part also freezes well although I've never been too impressed with frozen mash myself so don't bother with that bit.  

Here they are, ready to go into the oven to crisp up the top ... 


and here is one, freshly from the oven ... the boys loved it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.