Wednesday 11 July 2012

Dairy-free and egg-free healthy-ish snack food for ‘play dates’


We have had more than a few ‘play date’ snack disasters when The Allergic One has been unable to eat the food provided by our hosts ... specifically, I remember incidents with butter popcorn, chocolate biscuits and Pombears!

I now ensure I keep a stash of allergy friendly snacks to prevent such occurrences …
  1. Top choice - bananas, grapes and apple
  2. Organix blueberry and apple rice cakes
  3. Marmite rice cakes too.
  4. Bread sticks – the boys like the little bags of bread sticks sold by Sainsbury’s – I suspect it must feel as if they are eating a packet of crisps.    
  5. Finally, if I've not been organised enough to bake anything or if I've run out of all of the above potential supplies then I know I can call in on the corner shop and pick up a packet of Hobnobs … yes, dairy free and egg free!

If I do have time and inclination I love this recipe.  I can confirm that using Orgran egg replacer and dairy free margarine in this recipes works out fine!  A healthy biscuit if ever there was one?! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.