Friday 26 October 2012

Dairy-free and egg-free weekly menu plan


We are going away, staying with relatives, so ...

Friday - Last meal at home, will be 'bottom of the fridge' soup ... I know we have a butternut squash, some bacon and some lentils so I think will be this made into a soup served with some scones 

Saturday - I don't know

Sunday - I don't know

Monday - I don't know

Tuesday - I don't know

Wednesday - I don't know

Thursday - I don't know

All this strikes fear into the heart of the mother of the allergic child.  One of the ways I find it easier to cope with the problems that allergies present is to be as organised as I can.  Another way I find it easier to cope is to take on the responsibility for keeping The Allergic One allergy free myself.  This week, and the week after I will be delegating to my in-laws, although I will be there of course.  They - my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law - are only too aware of the allergies we need to deal with and have kindly and generously asked the right questions about what he can and can't eat, what he likes, what he doesn't.  I am very aware of the extra work involved for them and am also aware that we are now well and truly stepping out of our 'allergy comfort zone'.  Wish us all luck, I'll keep you posted!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.