Monday 15 October 2012

Another 4th birthday party

Another weekend, another exciting birthday party for the little ones.  I had made the mistake of not speaking to the mother of the birthday girl to ask what would be on the party menu.  I had presumed it would be the usual party fare, as it had been at the party the week before.  So I packed non-nutritious rubbish, as below, namely, cocktail sausages, mini party rings, crisps and a cupcake: 



However, after arriving at the party it became clear that the rest of the children would be eating fish fingers, sausages, french fries and pizza.  Oh ... The Allergic One would gobble all that lot up if it was dairy and egg free.  I asked the typical 'annoyingly detailed questions of the mother of an allergic child' to the hostess who kindly looked at the food packets for me to check.  Sadly we found out that the chips contained milk - what the?  Yes, Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Chips contain 'skimmed milk powder'!  

So, the 'Allergic One' sat at the table eating his cold sausages and crisps whilst the others ate a hot meal.  I am annoyed at myself more than anything, if I'd been organised enough I could have spoken to the mother of the birthday girl in advance and easily brought dairy/egg free versions of the party food for The Allergic One to enjoy.  A lesson learned.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.