Saturday 4 August 2012

Treat of the week

I absolutely love the 'Food Allergy Mama's Baking Book' ... I can't recommend it enough.  Many of the recipes from this book are also on her excellent website.


I've adapted her recipe for 'Farmer's Market Cherry Cake' and switched the fruit to apples ... we had several to use up ... I prepared the apples by cutting them into cherry-sized chunks.


Don't be scared by the addition of the silken tofu ... it gives the cake a squidgy texture similar to that which eggs would do for the non-allergic.  


I also left out both the salt and the lemon juice ... 


http://www.foodallergymama.com/2010/08/04/dairy-egg-and-nut-free-farmers-market-cherry-cake/


Serve with Alpro custard!  Yum.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.