Thursday 14 June 2012

Ten minute supper

Thanks to the intentional surplus mash from last evening ... I could have supper on the table pretty quickly today.  I knew we would be out of the house until late so would be in a rush to cook.  I'd already taken two salmon fillets from the freezer this morning so as soon as I came through the door I dabbed some vegan marg on them, covered them in cling film and microwaved them for two minutes.


Whilst they were cooking I boiled the kettle, washed and prepped some baby corn and green beans and popped them into the steamer then put them onto cook for 8 minutes.  I chucked some cornflour in a bowl and then located the cold mashed potato.  I then added a tablespoon of vegan mayo and a tablespoon of ketchup to the mash and flaked in the salmon as soon as it was cooked.  I made this mixture into twelve or so patties, rolled them in the cornflour and then fried them for two minutes each side.


Here's what they looked like:




Husband and I ate ours a little later, once the boys were in bed, with some home made coleslaw, cherry tomatoes, roasted beetroot and some home grown salad leaves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.