Saturday 16 June 2012

A morning of baking

I got quite a bit done yesterday morning.  I do enjoy these big batch cooking sessions, I find it relaxing and love being able to get organised.  The boys were happy colouring at the kitchen table (new colouring books for their birthday) and I could keep an eye on them and help if they needed me but still managed to make a bit of progress with the food.  


Bread on to mix 

Bread on to warm whilst I ...  

... prepared a double batch of soup for the freezer (butternut, sweet potato, carrot and lentil) 
... which puttered away whilst I ... 

... got together the ingredients for chocolate chip cereal bars

Cereal bars just out of the oven 

Cereal bars ready to eat 

My morning's work: two loaves of bread, five lunches worth of soup (four for the freezer, one on the stove), a ham (which should last for a few days of lunches), and chocolate chip cereal bars (which might last three or four days too)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.